simply: feel safe.
The health of our guests and employees is very important to us. We have reworked all procedures and have agreed on appropriate rules of conduct so that you can enjoy your stay with us carefree and safe.
The “island on the mountain”, with which vigilius is often compared, has remained largely unimpressed by the events of recent weeks. However, the actual situation, also brings new challenges for us. On the one hand, this means that we must follow the necessary requirements and guidelines with appropriate measures that go far beyond our already high hygiene standards. In addition, we keep ourselves and our employees constantly up to date with the latest findings and developments.
All current information at a glance
From Friday 6th August, new Covid regulations will apply in Italy. Therefore, some Green Pass areas must be introduced here at vigilius.
This means for adults and children over 12 years:
- From 09.30 am – 6.30 pm, the consumption of drinks and food at the table inside the Stube ida (public restaurant) is only possible with a valid Green Pass.
- Access to the vigilius mountain spa (swimming pool, whirlpool, relax room) and the saunas is only permitted with a valid Green Pass.
- Spa treatments such as massages, cosmetic treatments etc. can only be used with a valid Green Pass.
- Indoor sports activities (duy room) individually or with a sports guide require a valid Green Pass.
The Green Pass is a digital proof that a person has either:
- received the first vaccination against coronavirus
(valid 15 days after receiving the first vaccination)
- completed the full vaccination cycle
(valid for 9 months)
- can prove recovery from Covid 19 disease
(valid for 6 months)
- can show a negative PCR or antigen test
(valid for only 48 hours, starting from midnight of the day of testing)
If you do not have a valid Green Pass or similar, we will be happy to help you book a Corona antigen test in Lana.
Can we spend our holidays in South Tyrol?
Persons from EU countries and Schengen states (list C countries) have already been permitted to enter South Tyrol without having to quarantine since 16 May 2021.
Travellers coming from the UK or who have visited/transited the UK in the previous fourteen (14) days, must:
- fill out a digital Passenger Locator Form (only in case of lack of necessary tools to fill out the dPLF, you can use a paper-based self-declaration)
- present a EU Green Pass or a certificate of vaccination stating that the cycle of vaccination has been completed with an EMA-athorised vaccine
- take a molecular or antigenic test, carried out by means of a swab and with negative result, in the 48 hours before they arrive.
In case of lack of the certifications, travellers may still enter Italy but they must:
- self-isolate for five (5) days, activating local health surveillance procedures by informing Local Health Authorities.
- get tested again, upon completing the prescribed self-isolation.
Children under the age of six (6) are exempt from the requirement of a molecular or antigenic test, but must still self-isolate.
What is public life like for now?
- Within South Tyrol, you can move around freely at all times and without the need for self-declaration.
- It is no longer mandatory to wear a surgical mask outdoors. You are nevertheless still required to carry a surgical mask with you and to wear it whenever there is a gathering of people.
- All outdoor activities are allowed provided the following minimum distances to others are maintained: two metres when engaged in sports activities and one metre during other physical activities.
- Retail shops are open all week. Wearing a surgical mask while shopping is mandatory for people aged 12 and over.
- Bars and restaurants can stay open in line with their normal hours of operation.
- Public transport and cable cars operate at 80% capacity. Wearing a surgical mask while on board is mandatory for people aged 12 and over. An FFP2 mask is still recommended. Means of transport that are open to the elements can be used at 100% capacity.
- It is possible to visit to theatres, cinemas and concert halls by reservation only. If more than half of the available seats are occupied, a Green Pass is required for admission.
- Museums can be visited at an occupancy of 100%.
Hygiene and safety at the vigilius mountain resort:
- Information: At the vigilius, you will find information material as well as corresponding recommendations regarding the increased hygiene and safety requirements. At the check-in and also before your arrival, we will gladly explain to you personally what measures we have taken for your safety.
- The vigilius is very spacious: The vigilius is very spacious. We want to ensure that you can maintain a sufficient safety distance and the hygiene regulations without feeling that these are restrictions.
- Cleaning: Especially important for us are shorter and more intensive cleaning intervals and hygiene controls in the entire house, so that you can enjoy your stay in your room and in the entire vigilius without worries. To this end, we regularly disinfect exposed surfaces such as door handles, keys and elevator buttons with virucides.
- Disinfection: Of course, you will find disinfectant dispensers in all our public areas, which are of course available at any time for your hand hygiene. In addition, your room is also equipped with mouth-nose protection.
- Restaurant: We have also taken measures for your safety in our restaurants. We have extended the spaces between all seats and tables to ensure the minimum distance in a natural way.
- vigilius mountain spa: Our indoor pool and whirlpool are open for you. Saunas are available upon reservation. You can book your private sauna time in advance at email@example.com.
- vigilius team: Regular refresher courses for our employees regarding hygiene measures guarantee the high quality of our efforts.
Look forward to an island up on a mountain in the middle of nature with a lot of freedom, a great team and an individual offer which creates special experiences on highest quality. See you soon!
Your vigilius team
Flexible cancellation policy in regards to Covid-19:
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we have introduced a flexible cancellation policy.
Up to 2 days prior to arrival you can modify the travel dates of your booking free of charge or receive a voucher for the paid deposit.
The flexible cancellation conditions only apply for the following reasons:
- in case of border closures
- in case of a travel warning for the province of Bolzano (South Tyrol)
- in case one of the travelers has been tested positive for Covid-19 or is under mandatory quarantine (a medical certificate is required)